5.3.13 Daughter's Bedroom Transformation Begins

Older Brother moved out of his room, so Youngest Daughter finally gets a room of her own!  She is beyond excited.

She is my little decorator.  She has given me a step-by-step, extremely detailed plan for exactly what she wants.  I pretty much sat there with my mouth hanging open as she explained to me the most minute details.  I was completely impressed at the way she had thought out every inch of the room.  Not bad for a nine-year old. ;)

Blue is her favorite color, so she decided on turquoise as her wall color.  She wants to accent with shades of pink and pops of black-and-white.

We went to Lowes and got a couple of samples of paint. 




She loved the darker shade, but we decided that it might be a little much for the entire room.  So we decided on the lighter shade on three walls, and then on one wall we're going to do wide stripes in both colors.  I'm excited about this!  I think it's going to be a really, really fun room.

She asked me - 'What if the room doesn't turn out as pretty as what I have pictured in my mind?' I told her - 'We'll keep working on it until it does!'  :)

I'm so looking forward to working on this new project.  I'll share the step-by-step process with you as we go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment