6.20.13 - Above Bed Wall Display

When you walk into my bedroom, the wall above the bed is the first thing you see.  I wanted to create a fun display - something that would have more visual impact than a mirror or picture. 

I'd always loved picture frame displays, so I decided to go with that.  I went to the dollar store and bought several frames in different sizes and shapes.  I have eleven frames, so that cost $11.  Removed the glass and backing and sprayed them all with white spray paint.

I spread them out on my bed and rearranged them until I found an arrangement that pleased me.  Starting with the middle frames I nailed them onto the wall, maintaining the correct spaces between them.

The frames alone on the wall looked too flat and one-dimensional, so I looked around my house for things to fill the frames. The initial 'N', a coat hook, an old key, a peacock corsage that I had worn at my son's wedding.  I picked up a couple more things at Hobby Lobby to finish out the look I wanted.

I kept a few of the frames empty so that it didn't look too cluttered.

Here is the final result.  I am very happy with how it turned out. It adds a touch of whimsy to the room which I love.




Some close-ups:









This was a lot of fun to create, and very inexpensive.  I'm working on another corner in my room, and hope to share that with you soon. :)




(Linked up at http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/2013/06/20/thrifty-thursday-week-16/)

3 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute! I love the paint color too! Thanks for linking up this week at Thrifty Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The paint color is called Magician's Cloak. Isn't that a picturesque name? :)

      Delete
  2. Hi I just found your blog and look forward to checking it out!!! I think I read that you live in a double wide? I do too! I love what you've done here with the picture frames! It's so pretty! I also love love the texture on your walls and I'm wondering what you used to get that effect? We have been redoing each room in our home, taking down those strips they use in mobile homes. Filling in the strips leaves us to have to texture the walls before we paint. I'm always looking for something. We've used sand in the paint but I'd like to try something else. Thank you for any help! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete