6.26.13 How Does My Garden Grow?


It grows quite well, actually.

Slowly but surely, bit by bit my picket fence garden is taking shape.  I still have a loooong way to go, but I'm feeling happy about how far I've come. :)

This has been a dream of mine for so many years.  I've always wanted to have a picket-fenced garden.  So I'm very excited that I'm actually DOING this now. :)

My long-term goal is to have it look like an English garden - all wild and overgrown looking.  Nowhere near that yet, but that's where we're heading.  Right now I'm just ecstatic that the things I'm planting are still alive!!!  :) 

Thought I'd share a few pics with you.  Then we will have them in a few years to compare to the way it looks then.  Can't wait!



I bought this purple plant at Lowes.  When I got home I realized I had picked one up without the label, so now I have no idea what I planted!  I'm planning to go back by Lowes and look at the tag! Whatever it is, I love it.




Some of my herbs.... and a happy surprise.  The tall white petunia.... that just sprouted up.  Apparently the root was left in the planter from last year and it just popped up.  I LOVE how tall it is!  I'm happy it decided to sprout.




One of my crape myrtles.  Love these bushes devotedly!  I'm a major, major fan of crape myrtles.  I've planted three so far, but plan to have them scattered all over my property.  They are awesome.  Very hardy bushes, drought tolerant, and gorgeous with all of those blooms!  I planted this last summer, and am thrilled that it survived and has bloomed once again this year.  (can you tell I don't have much faith in my gardening skills?)  ;)




Knockout roses.  Another bush that is supposed to be nearly indestructible.  My kind of bush!




 The bike.












Evidence of my hard work  ;)




I can't wait to see what it looks like this time next year! :)



Linked up at http://www.anoregoncottage.com/2013/06/cottage-garden-flowers-tgp

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on following through to create your picket fence dream garden. It'll be fun watching it grow and flourish. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have so many ideas for it buzzing around in my head. It will be such joy implementing them. :)

      Delete
  2. Your picket fence garden is off to a fabulous start! I just love it....the bike is too cool! You should think about planting some camellias. They get pretty big and bloom in the winter so you would have color year round....:) I have several and love them. I just love knock-out roses and crepe myrtles too! Can't wait to watch your garden grow!
    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll look into camellias. It would be great to have color year-round.

      Delete
  3. your start of a wild English garden is looking good!! I love those also, i'm always trying to achieve that look! its a lovely white picket fence you have! with the bike placement and the welcome sign on the white picket fence! and I almost recognize that purple flower you got at lowes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) By this time next year I hope to be much closer to my English Garden. :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like you've got a green thumb! I have a few flowers but am concentrating on my veggie garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not sure how green my thumb is, it may be more of a yellow, but I'm working on it. :-D Grasshoppers are killing me, though! Ugh!

      Delete
  5. It looks beautiful!That bike looks so cute against the fence. I would love to have a garden like that someday.

    Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! The garden is a lot of fun, I hope you are able to get one. :)

      Delete